Thursday 6 May 2010

Audience Feedback

The way that we conducted this research was to ask 4 people that were in the age group that we targeted as being the audience that this film should appeal. We asked them 5 questions, the research was qualatitive information that we gathered. We just showed them the film we didn’t tell them anything else.

Q1. What did you think of the film?

1. I felt that the film was well done and was very easy to follow the story; this was because of the fact that it was all shown in terms of it being on day and not spread over a period of time. I like the characters that they had in the film it was easy to understand their stories.

2. The film was a bit too basic in terms of the story; there was no depth to the story or the characters. I felt that it had no really meaning or motive. The story of the character being fired was too basic and I was disappointed in the character development.

3. I thought that the film was good considering it was only 5 minutes in getting the story across; I thought that the opening sequence was really good. The tramp character I felt gave the story some depth which was a good touch.

4. The movie was okay, but I felt that the characters were a bit too under developed, I didn’t feel any real connection with him and when he got fired I didn’t have any feeling. The boss was a good character and I like the way that he came across as being lazy this was a good contrast to the way I thought he should be.

Q2. Is are reflection of modern life in the UK accurate?

1. Yeah, the way they did it makes it seem like it was about the recession. It was the way the boss was talking in the office to the main character about cuts that had to be made.

2. The story didn’t have any real connection to me in terms of how the UK is at the moment for me. Maybe if they focused on crime or poverty that people in London suffer from because a lot of people can relate to that.

3. The recession is something that I’m concerned with at this moment in time. At the moment I work and am just out of uni so I’m worried that if the company was to start making people redundant then I fear I’ll be first to go.

4. The theme that they opted for was a good one because the recession is a big factor today, but the way they did it seemed like it could have been during any period of time and not just during a recession.

Q3. What are your feelings towards the main character?

The main character I felt was very interesting because I was interested in him at first, then he was mean to the tramp and my feelings were gone. I ended up feeling no emotion to the character at all and when he was fired I felt like he got what he deserved.

The main character wasn’t a very good character because I felt nothing towards him. He was just someone to keep the story going. I felt that they could have given him more of a back-story because we knew nothing of him apart from the fact he works, no family or depth to the character.

The character was clever because I felt anger towards the character because of the way that he treated the tramp. It was good the way the story worked out that it seemed like it was karma, the way he was mean to the tramp and then he was punished.

The character was the driving force of the whole story and the other character added in the telling of the story. I thought it was interesting the way that the story changed due to the characters apart from the main character and showing the impact those characters had on him.

Q4. What have you taken away from this film?

I have realised that we should care about people that are in need because you never know when you will need help. That’s what I felt when I saw his film, that when he treated the ramp bad that he got what he deserved.

I took away that we have to be more caring to people that need are help, I felt like this was the main theme of the film.

I realised the depth of the problems of the recession and seeing it at such a personal level showed the potential effects of the recession. Although it was short and not professionally done, the film still raised good points.

The film made me think about the way that I treat people in the real world and the way that I react to my co-workers. This film has shown me the importance of being someone that understands the needs of others.

Q5. What would you rate this film out of 5?

3

3

4

3

Conclusion

To conclude the audience seemed to understand the story, they got that the theme was the recession and how the main characters misfortune was linked to the way that he treated the tramp. Although they commented on the production of the film they seemed to be able to look past this and see the message of the film. It was important for uses that are film was able to connect with are audience and the fact that most of are audience did realise and relate to the film as something that they were concerned with.

No comments:

Post a Comment